Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!

3rd Grade Trying to help.

It's Halloween time here in Bulgaria. Now at home, I generally don't do much for Halloween. I mean I don't even really like it. It's always so hard to come up with a costume idea that is cute yet easy. At school we don't really celebrate it. I mean it's middle school so they can't dress up at school and they are too old for the games that they played in elementary school. Some go trick-or-treating, but they are at the age where it's too old.

But here, Halloween in new. It's a novel idea and everyone loves it! My 6th graders had a great time playing BINGO and "Wrap the Mummy" with toilet paper. They made masks and LOVED the candy.
My 3rd graders today were even more excited. They wore their own costumes and we made witch's hats. The hats were then turned upside to catch candy.

Even my counterpart got in the mood. It's funny because I can be as corny and clownish as the next elementary teacher. But to see my generally reserved counterpart put on a mask, then put on a witch's hat and "fly" around the room on her broom, it was pretty impressive. The kids liked it too.
So now I have one more grade to go: 7th. I'm sure they will be "too cool" to really get into the games or wearing the masks they decorated the other day. But who knows? Maybe they will surprise me.



Happy Halloween to all you ghosts and gobblins!

No comments:

Post a Comment